It’s hard to blog about anything when you don’t have time to manage your initial work. So just to leave an update, I’m still working on a new GEM Studio website along with other customer projects. Our new website will bring lots of fresh and innovative ideas to the local corporate web. We aim to receive at least one recognition prize for design, smart use of new web tech. and innovation. I’ll put more updates with video presentations of our new website qualities once we start with finishing touches.
Category: Company updates
Work on GEMStudio.hr [update]
We at GEM Studio are working hard to develop the most advanced website that we’ve made so far, and this project is our own company website. So what’s so special about our new site? I’ll tell you :)
- AJAX calls everywhere, the most important part we use it – is main content. Every click to a page you want to open loads the content directly into the content part without reloading and thus saving bandwidth and loading time.
- HTML5 tags like <article><header><footer> and so on. This may be useful to future developments of search engine and other crawlers so they know exactly where’s the expected duplicate content like Menu options and content location.
- CSS3 styles all around, shadows, rounded corners (like in the pic on the right), etc. Internet Explorer gave us some headache but we’re managing it with CSS2.1 and MS Filter effects to come as close as we can to CSS3 result in other browsers.
- Goodbye Internet Explorer 6, no support for you. What this means for us is more coding freedom :) but still fighting with IE7.
- WordPress Blog integrated in main design/within website, no /blog directory.
- Social integration like Facebook Like on all content, FB comments on all articles, standard share options via Twitter and other networks, our tweets always in the sidebar with important news and hosting servers notifications.
- Better integration of Live Support chat with Client control panel.
- Killer Ajaxed domain availability checking, supporting over 350 (cc)TLD’s including Croatian ccTLD (.hr and .com.hr).
And much more! We hope you like what we’re doing and expecting your feedback as soon as we publish the website.
Website Speed Influencing Google Ranking
All these latest Google Search algorithm changes are making our visitor stats going wild both ways. The most important thing many webmasters forget to check after building a website is it’s loading speed. So many of them loading over 4 sec., even those with basic WordPress installation.
(try W3 Total Cache plugin).
I was dismissing Google algorithm changes at first, until I saw the stats for one of our websites; http://webimenik.biz to be exact. Website visits fell to over year and a half old averages. When I checked loading time it was obvious, WebImenik load time was over 5 sec. and first 3 was taken by CPU getting necessary data to show the front page.
Great online tool for checking website speed: http://tools.pingdom.com
Yes! Igrice.hr, I have waited long time for this!
Yes! It’s finally here, an update to web portal dedicated to freeware, shareware, AAA titles and online game reviews. Sadly, we’ve been busting our guts working on everything but the projects we actually love doing. Time has come to change our priorities and we’ve been doing that successfully this year. We updated some of our websites with new content and better SEO, released totally new advertising system that is simple yet smart in it’s core, then mobile version of sveznar.com (a dream definitions service) and now – igrice.hr, with new design and newly published facebook features like the Like button and Comments. There’s a lot of work to be done on all our project to reach the point of success.
Aldough I write in English, I do hope you like what we do and how we do it. We have plans with new projects for the world market so please stick with us and be a part of our growth.
Now, check igrice.hr and if you’re local, leave a comment or two on our game reviews ;)
Package full of updates
Yes, I’m calling this post a package full of updates. Last few weeks I’ve taken more time to work on our own (GEM Studio) projects so here are few of those updates if you’re interested ;)
(Croatian only service for dream definitions, meaning of karma, lucid dreaming, lucky numbers etc.)
– additional SEO was done
– new content on Karma
– mobile version for dream definitions (iPhone, Android and others supported), just jump to the site with your mobile phone and you’ll be redirected to http://m.sveznar.com. Shown as cool iPhone w/ Android image below the menu on desktop version of the website.
(Croatian only service for checking domain availability in a smart way)
– footer iPhone image to tell the new visitors there’s a mobile version (m.crodns.com)
– ping has been fixed
– some security improvements
This is our new service for banner advertising on our own network of websites with over one million pageviews a month and growing. The service was just released few days ago and it’s currently operating for Croatian market only.
This is it for now but many more updates will come soon. We plan to finish all started projects dedicated to Croatian market but right after that we’re starting with realization on international projects, not only on the web but the iPhone and Android apps too. Can’t wait! :)
A Change of Mindset
There is a time in your life when you think you know where you headed but what happens to many of us is that we forget to steer back on that (dream) line once in a while. It happened to me also. I started working what I love, in IT industry. But I noticed that building standard websites for Croatian clients started to look like a saleswoman dragging bought items over bar-code scanner in a local store, beep .. beep .. beep. That was not my dream!
My colleague and I were slapped by competition and their story recently. And long story short, we need to put more effort in foreign market and start building our business there. Our knowledge is not appreciated well in Croatia what makes it hard to earn enough money for a decent living. So you may guess what to expect from us in the future.
I’ll keep updating you and you keep visiting my blog! ;)
Clients clients clients …
So many new clients, so much work but where to find the time to develop all this requests. I had to put titlovi.hr aside for a while unit we finish top priority websites for our clients. Here I’ve just finished this template and sent to the client for confirmation. Contact form is not well designed because it’s pain in the but to style it in photoshop so don’t judge me on that until I finish the CSS part of it ;)
Web template can be best seen here: http://izrada.gemstudio.hr/grill-lovorka.hr/
New hosting promotion: Z-Day
Hi folks, today we started new hosting promotion called Z-Day, it’s for a Zeitgeist movement occasion. We give 20% off any hosting package till 15.3.2009. and we have a special surprise for all our visitors and new clients on that day.
If you understand croatian, please go here for more information: http://www.gemstudio.hr/hosting-akcija_3.5.html#jump
GEM Studio references
Till next time, have fun ;)
New game servers and updates
Hi, few days ago I wrote a post that disappeared later :( I’m not going to write it again, it was about crodns.com/beta new updates so go there, check the proxy feature and contact me if there are any errors :)
So, what’s new today:
– Call of Duty 5: World at War, game server in offer on http://gameservers.gemstudio.hr
– Left 4 Dead, game server in offer on http://gameservers.gemstudio.hr
– Error pages on GEM Studio website: